Thursday, March 3, 2016

I Survived... by Lauren Tarshis

The "I Survived..." books by Lauren Tarshis are already very popular, but if you haven't read one yet, you should check them out!

The books provide a fictional eye-witness account of disasters that really happened.  Some of the disasters are natural (like earthquakes and tsunamis) and some are man-made (like battles and terrorism).  They are fast-paced, gripping reads, with plenty of action and drama.  They also provide a lot of great details about different times in history.   Each book has information at the end about the particular disaster (presented in a question-and-answer format), along with ideas for further reading.

Great, fun historical fiction!

Titles currently in the series:

I Survived The Sinking of the Titanic, 1912
I Survived The Shark Attacks of 1916
I Survived Hurricane Katrina, 2005
I Survived the Bombing of Pearl Harbor, 1941
I Survived the San Francisco Earthquake, 1906
I Survived the Attacks of September 11, 2001
I Survived the Battle of Gettysburg, 1863
I Survived the Japanese Tsunami, 2011
I Survived the Nazi Invasion, 1944

And coming soon:

I Survived the Destruction of Pompeii, AD 79
I Survived the Great Chicago Fire, 1871
I Survived the Joplin Tornado, 2011
I Survived the Hindenburg Disaster, 1937














 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may not appear right away.